The Gospel Changes Everything
We exist to make disciples of all nations who are in awe of the gospel, embody the gospel and are giving their lives away because of the gospel.
There are three things that we focus on to accomplish this:
- Story (UP): The more we grow in our understanding of the grand story of the Bible, who our God is and what He has done for us in Christ, we will be moved to worship and will live with a Christian worldview.
- Fluency (IN): The more we preach the gospel to ourselves and speak the gospel into each others lives, we will be satisfied and come alive in our new identity in Christ. This in turn frees us to be a community that extends grace, mercy and unconditional love towards one another.
- Mission (OUT): Being motivated and moved by the gospel, we will send each other out to our workplaces, homes, neighborhoods, schools and the ends of the earth. We do this out of love for our neighbor because we have experienced the love of God. We are daily sent out to meet physical needs, live justly and hold out the message of the gospel.
Our Mission Distinctives
We have identified 3 mission distinctives that we hope to see become realities in our community.
- For our church population to reflect our city, that is by having no less than 40% college students, as well as a high population of families, single career people, and elderly.
- For the Branch to plant many churches out of our church. That we would plant one within the first five years of our existence, and every five after that. We desire to raise up church planters as well as have people from outside our church resident with us. Finally, that we would set aside a minimum of 5% of our budget to give towards church planting efforts.
For our church to continually raise up and send out foreign missionaries. That we will be a church that continually sends out short term teams to come alongside foreign missionaries, as well as expose our people to the needs for more laborers in those harvest fields.
What is the Gospel?
The Gospel is the joyous declaration that God is redeeming the world through Christ (Eph 1:7; Col 1:20), and that He calls everyone everywhere to repent from sin and trust Jesus Christ for salvation (Mark 1:15; Acts 2:38).
Each of us has sinned against God (Rom 3:23), breaking his law and rebelling against his rule, and the penalty for our sin is death and hell (Rom 6:23). But because He loves us, God sent his Son Jesus (John 3:16; Eph 2:4; 1 John 4:10) to live for his people’s sake the perfect, obedient life God requires (Rom 8:4; 1 Cor 1:30) and to die in their place for their sin (Mat 20:28; 26:28; John 11:50-51; 1 Cor 15:3; 1 Pet 3:18).
On the third day, He rose bodily from the grave (Mat 28:6) and now reigns in heaven (Luke 22:69; 24:51; Heb 8:1), offering forgiveness (Eph 1:7), righteousness (Rom 5:19), resurrection (Rom 8:11), and eternal happiness in God’s presence (Rev 22:4) to everyone who repents of sin and trusts solely in Him for salvation.